Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fireworks!

Wow, what a crazy-busy weekend! I hope you all had a safe and fun Independence Day! This is one of my favorite holidays. Not only is it the first truly warm holiday in Idaho, but it gives us all a chance to think of the freedoms we enjoy. We are still recovering around here from a day of parades, boating, and fireworks. I'll leave you with a few shots I took of the Melaleuca Freedom Celebration here in Idaho Falls...we watch from a distance to avoid the thousands of people on the greenbelt...but I kinda like the effect of the fireworks coming from behind the trees! And it took me awhile to figure out why so many of the images were looking blurry, despite my use of a tripod and remote...I think it must have been the wind. Good old Idaho!

The God who gave us life gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them.
Thomas Jefferson, Rights of British America, 1774


LOVE this one with the moon!












No comments: