Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Before and After!

Our family spent the day on the lake today with friends, and I came away with some really fun photos of my kids with their friends. Most of them are great snapshots and will stay as they are, but every once in awhile I catch a photo that just screams for a little "extra".

As I was working on this photo today of my youngest daughter and her good friend, I thought it might be fun to show you all a little of what goes into a photo from camera to computer, and finally to your final images!
I started by cleaning up their messy faces just a little. Then I brightened the image a touch and switched to black and white to show off their big, beautiful eyes! Finally, a slight sharpening and it was all done! What do you think? The whole process took about ten minutes to go from a cute snapshot to what I think is a great photo!

Did you enjoy seeing something of the behind the scenes process? I'm considering making it a regular feature to show you all a little of the work that takes place after your time in front of the camera. If you enjoyed it and want to see more, leave a comment and let me know!

Happy Saturday!
Photobucket

No comments: