Sunday, August 14, 2011

Snake River Roaring Youth Jam

Summer has struck at our house finally, putting blogging on the back burner. I have several sessions that are nearly ready to be shared, so stay tuned this week for some fabulous portraits!

For now, I'll be a bit photojournalistic and share with you a tiny snippet of a festival that happens here in Idaho Falls each year. The Snake River Roaring Youth Jam takes place on the green belt, and it's a really great event for families. It is filled with booths offering activities and art projects for kids. The  purpose behind it is to encourage a love and enthusiasm for the arts. This is the first year I've taken my kids, with the help of some great friends.

As part of the Roaring Youth Jam, there are many scheduled performances on the free stage to enjoy. One such performance was a series of Latin dances performed by some very talented local ladies (and a few talented gents, too!).

I was fascinated by these performances, and would like to share a bit of it with you!


I'm reminded of all the things yet to be discovered in our world to hold our fascination...

And comforted by the signs that romance and chivalry are not dead...

And laughter and happiness are contagious...




Kinda makes me want to put on a big, twirly dress and go dancing. :-) What are some events you have attended this summer?
Photobucket

No comments: