Monday, December 31, 2012

Best of 2012!

Wow! What a fantastic year this has been for KMP! I have been kept busy for the majority of the year, working with some fantastic clients. I worked with so many new families, and spent time with all of my favorite return clients. I did two weddings, which are always high stress and such a relief when successful! We got to follow my long-time friends Kaili & Justin on their journey this year, from their engagement session to the wedding and finally a new little arrival!


I also had the opportunity to work with a couple of awesome local bloggers this year. Tricia and Jessica both have awesome craft blogs that have been on my favorites list for a long time, so it was really fun to do a session for each of them, and to have our own little blog featured! It's something I would love to do again, so if anyone you know is a local blogger, send them my way! :-)

And the biggest surprise, at least for me, was the dramatic increase in newborn sessions! Newborn portraits are definitely high in demand, and this year saw a huge shift in focus, from mainly family portraits to a lot of newborns. I LOVED spending time with each of my brand new little friends, and seeing their families' excitement over the new addition. What a blessing my job is!

The top viewed blog post this year was the first part of Kaili and Justin's engagement session. The colors in this session were so much fun to look at!

I also ventured into product photography this year, which is something I don't feature on the blog, but it's certainly a fun change of pace! We did more mini sessions (Fall and Christmas) which allow families to get new images of their growing little ones for a minimum cost.

And we also broke into the "school" pictures for a local child care facility. What a fun experience to meet all those wonderful children at once, and to hear how much their parents loved the images.


It's impossible to highlight them all, but here are a few more of our fantastic sessions from this year!




And my most recent adventure this year was a fun themed photo shoot I arranged with the help of a couple other photographers. This was such a great experience, and it was great to work with others in the field. I look forward to participating in more this year!


All in all, this has been a fantastic year for us! I look forward to what the new year will bring. As a way of saying thank you to all my awesome clients, I am going to create a new album on Facebook with one image from each session (hopefully I don't miss any!). The image with the most votes (aka Likes) will earn them a $50 credit for a session in 2013! So head over to Facebook and make sure to send your friends to vote for your image!


Photobucket

No comments: