Friday, December 30, 2011

Best of 2011!

I love this time of year in blogland when you start seeing the "Best of..." or "Top Ten" type posts. It's fun to look at the most popular posts for blogs you love. Today I decided to do a Best of 2011 post here. It's so fun to look back over the year and all the great experiences I've had! I hope you enjoy this brief glimpse into our 2011, and get ready for a rocking 2012!

The post with the most pageviews for the year was actually here, of Mr. Zander as a newborn. This was kinda shocking to me...I'm not at my best with newborns. ;-) But he sure is a handsome little man, and you should see him now!

Right behind the post of Zander were these two of the Taylor family (LOVE this precious little lady!) and Aubrey's Freshman Formal. Now that was a good time.

Before this year I hadn't made the commitment to a real business, and the results of the few "sessions" I had were just posted on my personal family blog. This year with the photo blog up and running and some limited amounts of advertising, I was amazed to know that I already had return clients! Here are a couple of my most common customers:
 While the blog is still pretty small and quiet, I still want to mention a couple of great traffic sources for the year. Facebook was, of course, the top referrer, and I'm so glad I set up the Facebook page early in the year! If you haven't had a chance to like our page on Facebook yet, do it now! This is where you'll find all the great specials for sessions, so it's worth your time! The next top referring blog is actually that of a good friend of mine, Jolene. If you get a minute, go check out her artwork. It is always so colorful and fresh, it's like springtime every day!

Well, that's enough statistics for now. :-) Here are just a few of my favorites from the year...it's impossible to pick one!

I'm linking this post to one of my favorite photography blogs, Love that Shot. If you want to see more favorites of 2011 from other photographers, go check it out. Happy New Year!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Kalli said...

I LOVE that picture of Zander. I am so happy that you took those. They are fantastic and you are incredibly talented. Thank you so much. :)

Val said...

I love this blog! How fun to remember all the fun and creativity you shared with us :) And crazy to think we are already starting another year that will hopefully be both exciting and interesting for you.

Misti Tracy said...

Thank you so much for sharing your year with us, Kandice! It looks like you had a fun and busy year. I hope 2012 is full of many happy memories for you, too!